ITSS SUMMIT - ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA
JUNE 17-19, 2024
EMBASSY SUITES - ALEXANDRIA OLD TOWN
Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town
1900 Diagonal Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
Click here for map.
REGISTER TO ATTEND
This event is full - registering now will add you to the WAIT LIST.
* All attendees must also complete in advance a Collin College "terms and conditions" acknowledgement form.
* Registration deadline - Monday, June 3
* W9 deadline - Monday, June 3
* NEW: Collin College's "Supplier Update Form" deadline - Monday, February 19 (attendees are considered the "supplier")
Travel expenses will be reimbursed via a stipend. See below for more details.
Participating schools must send at least two people: one faculty member and one administrator.
"ITSS Summit" attendees will...
* Understand the elements of the BILT (Business and Industry Leadership Team) Model and the skill standards development cycle
* Discuss strategies for recruiting subject matter experts
* Practice preparing and hosting SME meetings to prioritize in-demand job skills and KPIs
* Convert the job skills into student learning outcomes
* Workshop implementing the skill standard materials into curriculum
* Develop “action plans” for next steps
Day 1, Monday June 17 (12:00pm-5:00pm)
12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch - Welcome from Dr. Ann Beheler and introductions
1:45pm-4:00pm Overview of the ITSS process vs. BAC vs. BILT process
4:00pm-5:00pm Participants talk about “why” they are attending and their focus
4:45pm-5:00pm Action Plan introduction
Day 2, Tuesday June 18 (9:00am-5:00pm)
9:00am-9:15am Seven BILT Essentials
9:15am-10:00am Recruiting Employers
10:00am-10:30am Group Activity
10:45am-11:45am Preparing for KSA Meeting with Group Activity
12noon-1:00pm Lunch with Speaker
1:00pm-2:00pm KSA Analysis Meeting with Group Activity
2:00pm-2:30pm Employability Skills
2:45pm-3:00pm After the KSA Analysis Meeting
3:00pm-3:20pm Key Performance Indicators
3:20pm-3:50pm Student Learning Outcomes with Group Activity
3:50pm-4:30pm Gap Analysis with Group Activity
4:30pm-5:00pm Open Q&A
Day 3, Wednesday June 19 (9:00am-12noon)
9:30am-10:30am Finalize action plans with each team
10:30am-12:00pm Each team presents their action plans to group
All attendees must bring with them…
* An understanding of what you hope to get out of the workshop; what is your goal for attending (e.g., encourage more employer involvement; develop a new program; update and energize an existing program; get more students hired by employers).
* List of your current business advisory council members and an understanding of their level of involvement to date.
TRAVEL STIPEND - ALEXANDRIA, VA
A travel stipend is available to eligible faculty and administrators to assist with all travel costs. The stipend amount depends on the distance you live from the venue. The address listed on attendee W9s will be considered attendee "residence."
* Reside within 60 miles of the event venue, $200 stipend
* Reside 61-100 miles from the event venue, $850 stipend
* Reside 101 miles or more from the event venue, $1700 stipend
No additional reimbursements will be available beyond these amounts.
To be eligible for the stipend, you must:
- Currently teach credit courses (full-time) or are an administrator at a regionally accredited U.S. community, technical college, or university.
- Physically attend all three days of the “ITSS Summit” event.
- Complete and return a W9 by the specified deadline for the event.
- Submit a team action plan AND complete the event survey.
Before you go
- Make your own transportation arrangements, including airfare and local transportation.
- Upon receipt of your registration, ITSS will request a W9 from you.
- Check the event website periodically and watch for emails for announcements and updates to the program.
After you get home
- The stipend will be paid directly to you as an individual or to your institution. The stipend amount cannot be split.
- Your stipend will be processed and mailed from Collin Community College to the address listed on your W9 tax form.
- Travel stipends over $600 will receive a 1099 for taxes.
- The travel stipend is intended to assist with covering the following
- Taxis, Uber, Lyft
- Per Diem
- Mileage to the airport
- Airport parking
- Baggage fees
There is no discount room block for this event.
Per Google Maps, three hotels close to the Embassy Suites event venue are listed below. All are less than a mile away.
Residence Inn by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street
1456 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314
Hampton Inn Alexandria-Old Town/King St. Metro
1616 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314
Hilton Garden Inn Alexandria Old Town National Harbor
1620 Prince St, Alexandria, VA 22314
Contact Christina Titus at ctitus at collin.edu.