Network+ and Security+ Labs
NOTE: Because the National CTC is an NSF ATE center grant, access to the complete curriculum is limited to educators of North American secondary and post-secondary institutions. To request the complete curriculum, please email Mark Dempsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put "curriculum request" in the subject line and in the body of the email provide the following information: name, job title, phone number, email, and academic institution.
These open-source labs were developed in 2020 to support Network+ and Security+ classes. They are available for you to use and modify as you like, but note that the labs used a previous version of virtual machine images (the OVAs) than what is available. The labs will need to be modified to match the current OVAs.
- Introduction to Network+
- Hosts, Models, and Topologies
- Host Communication
- IP address Management and Subnetting
- DNS, DHCP, and Well-Known Ports
- Network, Fiber, and Wireless Network Media
- WAN Technology
- Installation and Configuration
- Wireless Network Installation and Configuration
- Network Management
- Network Security
- Remote Access and Network Protections
- General Security Concepts and Trends
- Network Fundamentals
- Wireless and IDS Network Security
- Operational and Organizational Security
- Change Management and Disaster Recovery
- Physical Security
- Network Attacks
- Baselines and Secure Software Development
- Email, IM, Web Components
- Authentication Remote Access
- Access Control and Privilege Management
- Public Key Infrastructure
Please remember this curriculum is copyrighted material and is intended for public education use only.