The National Convergence Technology Center (CTC) is a proud co-producer of the annual WASTC Winter ICT Educators conference. This year’s event, which will again run all online, is scheduled for January 6-7, 2022. Registration is open now. The cost to attend is only $50. The WASTC Winter ICT Educators conference always offers a cutting-edge “big picture” look at trends and practices in the education and industry landscape, particularly from the point of view of educators and employers on the West Coast. The conference always delivers a diverse slate of speakers and keynote presenters.
The big news this year is the large number of presentations on tap from both National CTC friends and “family” as well as faculty from member colleges of the Convergence College Network community. All told, there will be over four hours of expert presentation content covering a range of topics.
The sessions listed below with an asterisk will be delivered at a specific time during the conference, which will allow the presenters to interact via chat in real-time with attendees while the presentation recording plays. All other sessions below are available “on demand.”
• Ann Beheler and Christina Titus (IT Skill Standards 2020 and Beyond), Use Employer-Vetted IT Job Skills to Give Students a Hiring Advantage
• Ann Beheler and Mark Dempsey (National CTC), Maximizing Employer Engagement with the Multi-Level BILT Model
• Renee Blackshear (Texas State Technical College), Integrating Google Applied Digital Skills*
• Renee Blackshear (Texas State Technical College), PBE: Performance Based Education
• Pam Brauda and David Singletary (Florida State College at Jacksonville), The Nuts and Bolts of a Two-Year Data Science Degree*
• Matthew Cloud (Holy Cross College), AI Tools and Modules for any Program*
• Tara Lewis (Collin College), Student Portfolios — On Demand
• Rajiv Malkan (Lone Star College), Incorporating Secure Software Development Tools and Frameworks When Teaching Programming Languages*
• Rajiv Malkan (Lone Star College), How One College is Using Data Analytics to Enhance Business Processes and Strategic Planning for Creating a Data-Centric Culture? — On Demand
• Bill Saichek (San Jose City College), Virtualizing Internet of Things Labs*
• Aaron Weiss (Forensic Recovery), An Incident Responder’s Wish List*
A big thank you to all of our presenters!