If you’re familiar at all with the National Convergence Technology Center (CTC), then you know how important the BILT (Business and Industry Leadership Team) Model is. Recommendations and feedback from the National CTC’s BILT form the cornerstone of all of the grant’s work. Put simply, the BILT Model offers a structured approach to engage employers so they can help steer curriculum development and keep programs looking ahead as business needs evolve. The BILT Model’s goal is to provide faculty expert guidance to make sure students learn the future-facing skills they need to be “workforce ready.”
Do you want to know more?
The National CTC is hosting a free two-day workshop on the essentials of the BILT Model. This “BILT Summit” event will run May 8-9, 2023 here at Collin College in Frisco, Texas just north of Dallas. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
It’s the best way to take a deep dive into the BILT Model and learn how to maximize relationships with your own employers and get them more invested in your program.
Learn more about the “BILT Summit” here.
Register to attend the “BILT Summit” here.
Note that participating schools must send two people – a faculty member and an administrator – to improve the chances of BILT adoption.
Specifically, “BILT Summit” attendees will…
* Apply the BILT (Business and Industry Leadership Team) Model to your program
* Understand the elements of a successful BILT
* Discuss strategies for recruiting the right employers
* Practice how to host the annual job skills meeting and leverage the outcomes
* Attend the National CTC’s May 9 job skills meeting
Here’s the tentative agenda:
Sunday, May 7
Out of town attendees arrive in Dallas-Fort Worth
Monday, May 8
* Welcome and ice breaker
* Group introductions, goals for the day
* BILT 101
11:30am-1pm lunch break
* Employer panel discussion
1:00pm-5:00pm, Workshop Attendee Needs
* How to recruit BILT members
* How to develop a pro forma KSA list
* Practice managing the KSA votes
* Develop customized BILT action plans specific to attendees’ specific college needs
Tuesday, May 9
8:30am-1:00pm, National CTC annual KSA vote meeting
* Lunch will be served