For the 14th consecutive year the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the University of North Texas (a partner college with the National Convergence Technology Center NSF grant) is offering STEM Summer Camps for middle school and high school students in North Texas. Camp programs will be offered at Discovery Park in Denton, as well as the UNT New College at Frisco Campus. Please help us spread the word.
Current camp offerings include:
- RoboCamp – RoboCamp introduces students to both hardware platforms and software development tools. Students will assemble a multi-purpose robot from a kit and then learn to interact with and control various sensors, motors and related components.
- AppCamp – AppCamp teaches students about Mobile App development for Android devices using AppInventor – a tool developed by Google and supported by MIT.
- Animation and Game Camp – The Animation & Games camp teaches Computer Science-related topics with an emphasis on design and programming skills applied to creativity in virtual world environments.
- Cyber Security Camp – The goal of the cybersecurity camp is to help students understand correct and safe on-line behavior and increase interest in cybersecurity and careers in the cybersecurity workforce.
- IoT Camp – The Internet of Things (IoT) camp will focus on applying programming skills and ideas to create a simple IoT application.All the camps are 5 days in length and are generally targeting students who will be entering the 7th grade and above in Fall 2019.
All the camps are five days in length and are generally targeting students who will be entering the 7th grade and above in Fall 2019. All the camps currently listed are Co-Ed and are offered at the low cost of $300 per student, with a limit of 24 students per camp.
Also, stay tuned at the website below. We are waiting on notifications about some grant funding that may enable additional capp opportunities for this summer, including some all-girl camps that will allow rising 6th to 8th graders to attend. These will include camp topics listed above and some exciting new offerings as well!!
Registration is currently open. More details and links to registration can be found at summercamps.cse.unt.edu