Educators Become a member of the
Convergence College Network
For colleges who are interested in joining the Convergence College Network, we have an application and other criteria that we require to access the benefits offered by the CCN. Colleges must also be able to provide sufficient equipment for a lab, available faculty to work on the program, and appropriate time to work with a CCN mentor.
Educators Levels of Participation
There are two different levels of participation for CCN members. The benefits available to each level differ based on participation of the college. Member colleges who wish to receive the maximum level of benefits will be required to invest more time and energy in the program. Participation activities are ranked by a point system.
Educators Level 1 Mandatory Activities
Provide yearly evidence of two local/regional Business and Industry Leadership Team (BILT) meetings (attach minutes, agenda, or roster)
One of your two yearly local/regional BILT meetings must validate job skills annually following National CTC model (after first list, then you're only submitting the revisions).
Submit yearly CCN status report (enrollment #s, graduation #s, etc.)
Educators CCN General Activities
- Participate in CCN calls/meetings
- Attend the National BILT calls/meetings
- Send one or more faculty to Summer and/or Winter Working Connections
- Make efforts to promote CCN, recruit and secure new members
- Develop/update degree or certificate plan based on job skills outcome
- Provide evidence of implementing/sustaining "recruitment plan"
- Attend and/or present at one or more IT/convergence professional development conferences
- Host one or more local recruitment events
- Submit a 300‐word blog post to the CTC